The Mail Policy mentioned below is a part of our Acceptable Usage Policy, and it must be strictly followed by all our customers. We would like you to keep following things in mind, before sending any kind of emails from your website hosted on our servers:-
- Sending e-mails to a purchased email data or a email data collected through an offline source is absolutely prohibted.
- Any kind of email communication through an email address hosted on your website or through php code / script at your website should be sent out to opt-in e-mail addresses only. Here, opt-in means where the user has submitted his email address on your website on a registration or a susbsciption form, and also confirmed the same by clicking on a verification or confirmation link received in his email.
- All mailing activity (limited to the opt-in subscribers ofcourse) must contain proper unsubscribe information. And all unsubscribe requests must be entertained and processed with minimal delay.
- You must limit your legitimate email activities to the hourly limit of 100 emails/hour per cPanel account. We recommend you throttle it to at the very least sending 1 email every 36 seconds. (Sending 1 every 36 seconds would send 100 emails within 1 hour, keeping you below the 100 outgoing email limit). If the mailing list software you're using does not allow you to throttle you must switch to an application or script that will.
- Any SPAM complaint arising from the recipients of the mails sent by you will be considered as violation of our policy. We take a zero tolerance stance against sending of unsolicited e-mail and other forms of spam.
Mailbox Quotas / Storage Limits
- The maximum quota per mailbox must not exceed the limits specified below for respective web hosting plans:-
- Personal – 250 MB per mailbox
- Growth – 250 MB per mailbox
- Professional – 250 MB per mailbox
- Business – 1 GB per mailbox
- Ultimate – 2 GB per mailbox
- The total combined disk usage of all email accounts under an unlimited web hosting order must not exceed the limits specified below for respective web hosting plans:-
- Business – 5 GB
- Ultimate – 10 GB
If you use webmail, you can delete emails from your mailbox selectively, or you can delete emails in bulk by using the "Email Disk Usage" tool provided in cPanel / webmail. If you have configured your email account in a mail client / application, you can enable the option to "Delete / remove mails from server after download" while configuring the account in mail client / application.
Not adhering to above policies will result in suspension of your web hosting account, and it will not be eligible for re-activation or refund under such circumstances.