The policies mentioned below are a part of our Acceptable Usage Policy, and it must be strictly followed by all our customers. We would like you to keep following things in mind before sending any kind of emails from your website hosted on our web hosting servers:-
- Sending e-mails to a purchased email data or a email data collected through an offline source is absolutely prohibted.
- Any kind of email communication through an email address of your website or through php code / script at your website should be sent out to opt-in e-mail addresses only. Here, opt-in means where the user has submitted his email address on your website on a registration or a susbsciption form, and also confirmed the same by clicking on a verification or confirmation link received in his email.
- Any kind of mailing activity (limited to the opt-in mailing list ofcourse) must contain proper unsubscribe information. And all unsubscribe requests must be entertained and processed with minimal delay.
- Any SPAM complaint arising from the recipients of the mails sent by you will be considered as SPAM. We take a zero tolerance stance against sending of unsolicited e-mail and other forms of spam.
- You must limit your legitimate email activities to the hourly limit of 100 emails/hour for a single cPanel account. We recommend you throttle it to at the very least sending 1 email every 36 seconds. (Sending 1 every 36 seconds would send 100 emails within 1 hour, keeping you below the 100 outgoing email limit). If the mailing list software you're using does not allow you to throttle you must switch to an application or script that will.
Quota / Limits
- Setting Mailbox Quota of an individual email account above 1 GB is prohibited. You must restrict your email account usage to 1 GB or below by periodically deleting old emails. You can use webmail or "Email Disk Usage" tool provided in the cPanel to delete older emails.
- The total usage for all email accounts under a shared web hosting package must not exceed the "total email storage" as per the features of respective web hosting plan. This limit implies to unlimited web hosting plans as well.
Not adhering to above policies will result in suspension of your web hosting account, and it will not be eligible for re-activation or refund under such circumstances.